• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

If you are sick, do you still go out and hunt?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was just a little Bitty Boy I went the fist day of the season with the "Ole' Man" went back to camp for lunch and racked my Mini Bike into a ditch....Broke my arm but made it back from the Hospital with a cast on in time to hunt the evening.He sure woulda been ****** if we hada misssed that hunt.I don't miss no days afield....unless I'm dead.

jethro224 said:
If I can, I will.

Nasty diarhea and vomiting would keep me home.

Last year, I was feeling a bit queasy the night before opening day of rifle season. In the morning, I got up and took a nasty #2, felt a lil better. I was loading my stuff into my buddy's truck out front, got feeling really queasy again, and had to throw up right in the yard. Well, apparently, you can't hold back a nasty deuce and throw up at the same time, cause I had it coming out both ends right in the front yard. :redface:

Needless to say I didn't get out that day. :shake: :shake:

kevthebassman said:
Last year, I was feeling a bit queasy the night before opening day of rifle season. In the morning, I got up and took a nasty #2, felt a lil better. I was loading my stuff into my buddy's truck out front, got feeling really queasy again, and had to throw up right in the yard. Well, apparently, you can't hold back a nasty deuce and throw up at the same time, cause I had it coming out both ends right in the front yard. :redface:

TMI

TOO MUCH INFORMATION

:rotf:

HD

SimonKenton said:
I had a chance to hunt with a guy who wouldn't let a kidney stone (!!!) slow him down. THAT'S a real dedicated hunters. :hatsoff:

-Ray

He's a tougher man than I am. I've had three of them and there's no way I'm going hunting or anywhere else with one.

One good thing to come of it is that I finally got rid of that leaky old pair of rubber boots. :shocked2:

kevthebassman said:
jethro224 said:
If I can, I will.

Nasty diarhea and vomiting would keep me home.

Too much information for sure. :rotf:

I'll say that also: if I was apt to fill my linens or blow my Cherios I'd probably just stay home. :surrender: :surrender: :surrender:

Just a couple of weeks before the 2006 Illinois firearm deer season, I broke my right foot in a deer stand accident while bow hunting. The first day of the firearm season found me hobbling through the woods on crutches. After only 50 yards of fighting stuff I normally walk through, frustration set in and I plopped down next to a big oak. A couple of hours later, I took a very nice buck from that spot. I had to call my son to help load him. Had I been healthy, I'd never been hunting that close to the truck! Tom

I would have to be pretty sick to stay home from work, that being said, I definately wouldnt feel up to going outside at all. I don't take off for much, I really enjoy what I do. :)

Had a buddy that worked for Missouri Department of Transportation. He had minor surgery and his doctor told him to stay at home for 5 working days. Monday, thru Friday.

About wednesday, he got to feeling real good and figured he would hunt about thursday evening. Anyway, he shot a deer, took some pictures, and emailed one of his buddies. The pictures made it to "THE MAN" or in this case "THE WOMAN' in charge and he was suspended without pay for the investigation.

Found guilty of Ethics Violation or something like that. He fought it till he could fight no more.............FIRED.

From $65,000 a year to 0.00 with a wife, young child, and a scar.

So, to answer your question.......NO it is not okay. UNLESS you are self employed.

HH

First deer I got with a muzzleloader I has sick with a cold. Had a pile of used kleenex beside my stool by the time the deer showed up at dusk. I had to drag it 700 yards to my car. I was hacking and sneezing but if I stayed home that memory of my first muzzleloader deer wouldn't have happened.

One time I drove about 300 miles for a deer hunt. I was hunting alone, and camped in my truck.
Opening day I wasn't feeling good, started running a fever, but I went out anyway. Next day it hit me hard. I had the flu. I laid in camp all that day and night. Felt like I was going to die.
On the third day I just threw everything into my truck and headed for home. Most miserable 300 miles I ever had to drive!

went to the mountain hunting alone--couple hour drive--stopped to get gas on my way home--sign in the window said 2 hotdogs for $1.00--wow--got very sick about 15 minutes later--no where near home--long drive ahead--lesson learned--no more 2 for $1.00 hotdogs-- :shake: :shake: :shake:

I use my vacation time for hunting, so if I'm able to walk to the truck I go. Ain't gona waste a vacation day home in the bed.

rubincam said:
went to the mountain hunting alone--couple hour drive--stopped to get gas on my way home--sign in the window said 2 hotdogs for $1.00--wow--got very sick about 15 minutes later--no where near home--long drive ahead--lesson learned--no more 2 for $1.00 hotdogs-- :shake: :shake: :shake:

Boy, talk about getting MORE than what you paid for, in a very bad way. :shake:

Sound like the lunch that keeps on giving! :grin: I guess you got a good "run" for your money though. :rotf:

Ray

I can't stand sitting in a deer stand when i'm coughing, :shake: So that's when I get up and start stalkin' em. :blah:

Back