• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

If you won Powerball, what would

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbore442001

50 Cal.
Reaction score
be the ultimate muzzleloader trip for you? I figured that we needed a bit of day dreaming here.

Would it be an African safari? Elk in the Rockies. Alaska? Lets hear the choices.

saskatcheumn...sasaskeunm.. sasskasketwe...it'd be in that place in Canada (yea, laugh,but if i win the lottery no one will care if i can spell! :blah: ) got the group all picked out..whitetails there..then..maybe one of them places where they lookout at 50-60 deer in a field and 8-10-12 pointers walk by and the guide says that's not big enough! :shocked2: probably wouldn't even shoot..but it's been a long time since i seen more than 5 deer in a day... :shake:then buy some land ..in R.I. and Maine..know a couple guys be happy to be caretakers off season!! goin to buy tics right now! :thumbsup: :rotf:

Hello from Germany!

I would like to do a trip to the USA and huntwith one of you guys for Whitetails or feral hogs with ML. A elkhunt would be nice either.

Regards

Kirrmeister

Hey Dirk, You know what my plans are. I'd take an early retirement and wave to your plane in the Mid-Atlantic! :rotf:

bigbore, Are you not tellin us something? Someone up here won the jackpot and it wasn't me. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Heck, I wouldn't even need to win Powerball. Just give me a couple grand I could dispose of and I'd be on my way back home to Alaska for a flintlock caribou hunt.
Can't get much better than that in my book.

HD

bigbore442001 said:
be the ultimate muzzleloader trip for you? I figured that we needed a bit of day dreaming here.

Would it be an African safari? Elk in the Rockies. Alaska? Lets hear the choices.
How big of a pot are we talking about here? Everything is relative, I wouldn't want to under spend! :grin:

1) Retire
2) Buy a couple of large farms / properties that are loaded with deer
3) Take many Flintlock smoothbore pheasant hunting trips in the mid west
4) Take many Flintlock smoothbore quail hunting trips anywhere
5) Build several state-of-the-art blackpowder shooting ranges across North Carolina to promote traditional muzzleloading

First thing I'd do would be to buy a couple thousand acres right here in Illinois and build a house right smack in the middle so I wouldn't disturb the neighbors with all the shootin' in my backyard range. :grin:

I read somewhere about a guy (I think Chuck Adams, with a bow) who did the "North American Grand Slam" of hunting. One of each big game species found on the North American continent. That's what I'd do. Trophy quality animals too. And all with a flintlock. Can't make it too easy... That oughta keep me busy for a few years. :wink:

Ohhh, I'd just keep it simple and walk out the back door and start hunting...

...on the 40,000 acre ranch in the North Dakota badlands that I'd have just bought! :hatsoff:

I think it'd be a nice custom squirrel rifle, a nice custom Hawken, and then 300 acre plots in a few places (Tennessee, Michigan, Montana)

I didn't come into any sort of windfall of money. This is sort of a fantasy in a way.

I'd go along with a long float trip in Alaska for moose,caribou and bear. In addition, I'd do a winter caribou hunt in Labrador along with the attendant small game. A hunt in Nunavut for musk ox and polar bear. Then I would look into hunting Siberia. Hunt for blue sheep, moose, Kamchatka brown bear, snow sheep and their version of red stag. Also, hunt some wild boar and capercallie.

don't spend it too fast,the government will want its share,,, :bull: :bull: :bull: they will put it to better use than you would... :bull: :bull: :bull: THATS WHAT THEY WOULD SAY,,, :bull: :bull: :bull:

Extended hunt for elk in the Rockies.

Yep, my dream hunt. Some here do it every year, can't, yet..............

You hear that? Yeh, that. That's the Rockies calling FFFFRRRRAAAAAAAANNNNNKKKKKKKKKKKKK.

Oneday.

Kirrmeister said:
Hello from Germany!

I would like to do a trip to the USA and huntwith one of you guys for Whitetails or feral hogs with ML. A elkhunt would be nice either.

Regards

Kirrmeister

what, just one of us :nono: wit all that money ya could hunt wit all us :rotf:....

new mexico elk, maine moose, alaska brown bear and to top off the cake a nice mountain billy goat :v ...............bob

Most of it on booze,drugs and loose wimmen. Then I'd probably just blow the rest. :rotf:

If I hit the Powerball, the first thing I'd have to do is change pants. Then I'd have to get a divorce, it would be the only way I could get half the money!

THEN I could start planning hunting trips...

Joel

Back