• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Illinois Late Winter Antlerless Season

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luieb45

54 Cal.
Reaction score
Any of you guys going out next weekend? I didn't plan on it until I saw the forecast for next weekend. It is supposed to be a little bit above freezing. I guess it wouldn't hurt if I killed another deer out at my grandpa's place. My only concern is that they've herded up to groups of 9-10 except there are some groups of 2 or 3 sometimes.

I'll be out there if I can get enough firewood up for the weekend. It's always been a tough hunt in the past, but I certainly need some meat for the freezer.

I am ammending my post....my buddy Josh is down for about ten days and he just shot my 45 longrifle....he wants to hunt...lol....he has an illinois license...and I still have crop depredation tags plus my late antlerless tags...so looks like I am gonna shoot my 56 renegade smooth rifle...lol

Got some bad news. I may not get to hunt the season since we might go to kansas city for the weekend. Either way it won't be too bad since I'd get to go to cabelas and bass pro if I do go over there.

Going hunting it is cheaper. My oldest boy drew in a lottery hunt at Lake Evergreen for Sunday so I have to Supervise. Myself I hope to get out with the muzzleloader on Saturday afternoon. Hope to go on Sunday as well.

I really enjoy the time in the blind drinking coffee and watching the kids anxiously waiting for a deer.

I don't know if that would be a good idea since it's not my ground and my grandpa doesn't want any other hunters besides my family. You said that you know Donny Limkeman. I bet if you asked him he might let you hunt the place he has where his house is. There is a good fence line there that I saw dozens of deer on while I was on our place 300 yards away.

Ignominious way to end the season. Tripped in my house Thursday night and messed up my foot. No walking much for me this weekend. Still the 'memories' of the first deer hunt I ever took, will be there, even if I didn't get anything, see anything, and only heard others shooting! (sigh)

The Doc is out now - trying to heal myself. :v

Back