• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Importing an Antique Muzzle loading shotgun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohiochuck

Lifetime Supporter
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone recently imported a muzzle loading shotgun made in the 1800s?
If so, what did you need to do to legally get it thru US Customs?
Thanks!
Jim

Are you bringing it here yourself, or having it shipped? From what I’ve read here, having it shipped may cost more than the gun itself. That and a lot of shippers refuse firearms of ANY type.

I have no clue legally. It's a muzzloader. I have wondered the same thing.

If I wanted my uncles that's still in Italy. How? Like mailing it would be sweet. I thought POS he had but they were nice I guess Italy.

I have purchased, at different times, antique barrels from London gunsmiths. They were shipped to me as 'iron pipes' with no problems. A former member here, Squire Robin, from England, once purchased a Chambers kit but had it shipped in several packages at different times labeled only as 'parts'. As others have suggested, the cost of shipping might exceed the value of the shotgun. There are many thousands of European made shotguns that were imported to the U.S. you might be better of searching for one of those. They are usually fairly inexpensive.

I just got one from London. It was shipped to the nearest International Airport. I took the receipt and package contents list that was emailed to me to the USCBP office. They gave me a short form to fill out and looked at the paperwork, then stamped it. I took the paperwork to the carrier holding the package and they took a copy of paperwork and released it. Simple and straightforward. I thought there was a small fee, but nobody asked me for any money.

Back