• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Indiana whitetail

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Hosier national is easy to get lost in. I went there a couple years ago looking for mushrooms and went down a big hill into a valley with alot of elms. When I went back up the hill I didn't see the trail. It took me about 15 minutes to find the trail because the trail curved and I went up the hill to far. I hate the ticks too I know someome who got rocky mountain fever a few years back and they were sick for a long time.

Billnpatti said:
Oh, it's best to wait until after the first frost because until then the ticks are out looking for some tender hunter meat. But, I guess that's true of most all woods. Don't be feeding those things.
Ticks are a thing of the past for me since I found and started using permethrin. A simple treatment of your clothes lasts 6 weeks or 6 washings, and for the last 2 years I have not had a single tick. Great stuff, and if you make up your own from concentrate, cheap as dirt.

Spence

Back