• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Information on period weapons...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my old age I'm not remembering well, but at least I remember that I'm not remembering so there is still hope. Your're right. The breech on the Hall's is straight down.
Nothing fancy trying to seal the breech. I got real lucky yesterday evening, and the third video I picked up had written on the box "shooting Hall rifle". Right next to it was a 1985 rondy video that I took, and I remembered that there was a flintlock Hall in it. So it took me longer to snap the photos off the video than it did to find the tapes and I sure figured that it wasn't going to be that easy. Because this thread started when cjmouser was wanting to find out about rifles available mid 1800's I want to let it be known that I'm going to start two new threads. One for the flint Hall, and one for a precussion Hall, so if further information on that style rifle is desired, one will be under flintlock, and one under percussion. Just a side note, I see that the Track of the Wolf's Hall's is priced at just under 4 grand. In 1985 I could have bought an original percussion for $350 and the flinter in the photo on the new thread was priced at $650. Bummer, why didn't I buy them both. Probably because I didn't have the money, but then again, they aren't neat looking, in fact ugly, and they didn't fit my collection and any number of things. I should have bought the precussion at least, and I've been kicking myself ever sense.

Cowhand... thanks for the info.

Remember forgetting stuff like keys is normal.

Forgetting what keys are FOR may indicate that there's a problem ::

Hello, I'm back! I still haven't made up my mind what to do about this gun issue, BUT...the 34th Alafia River Rendezvous in Homeland Florida is coming up in a couple of weeks. A good friend reminded me that I should make a point of visiting there and see what I can see. Anyone from here going to be there? I'll look for you! It's only about thirty miles from my house.

Back