• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Interest in Engraving Tutorial?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK,

Looks like we have some interest.

I'll start getting some stuff together, and try to make the first post early next week. I plan to start with a tool list, and some tips on sharpening/ grinding tools. I'll add some tips for beginning to cut, and then we will move on from there.

I'll be posting drawings and photos to illustrate the concepts, and encourage those who participate to post photos of your work, so I can give an evaluation of what you are doing, and offer some suggestions.

Talk to you soon!

Tom

This is what i have been looking for!!!!!
Excellent idea :wink:
Thank you in advance for your willingness to share such a tallent, Ronnie.

You could guess I suppose from my other post that I am indeed interested in an engraving tutorial. Good idea engravertom!

Thanks,

another Tom

I am very interested in seeing this expand as I am building a single shot percussion deringer and am getting to the point of the engraving........mcp

Thanks! Parts are beginning to accumulate for the pair of duelling pistols i promised my daughter, and her girlfriend is talking about getting her forge up and running, and has an interest in an underhammer.

In the meantime, make good smoke!

Count me in. this is one of my weak areas. I would be forever indebted to you if I could improve my work. :bow:

OK folks, I am getting things set up, taking pictures, and putting together the text for the first lesson. I always go slower than i think! Plus, I worry about whether it will be good enough...

Should be ready to start in another 2 days, I hope.

I will start with information about tools. A question for the moderators, is it ok to post links to sources for tools? reading the forum rules made me think not, but would it be ok in this case?

After I make the first post, you all can start gathering tools, and ask questions, or make comments, or suggestions. I will respond, and then add material as I get it ready.

Sharpening and tool making/modification will likely be the second lesson, then basic cuts.

Thanks for your patience!

Tom

Links to tool suppliers are fine as long as you don't own the linked companies.

Take your time in putting your information together. It's a H of a lot of work and it shouldn't be hurried.
We appreciate any information you are willing to share with us. :hatsoff:

zonie ,when this kicks off could you sticky it to the group at top of this section please?

Back