• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Interesting Cannon video

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catkison

32 Cal.
Reaction score
R Lee Ermey has a new show called Locked and Loaded. The first episode is on the history Channel website and covers early artiller from colonial to the 1841. What's interesting is the video of the grape shot on Ermey's favorite target: watermelon. I was amazed at how deadly triple shot was at 100 yards.
http://www.history.com/video.do?name=LockNLoad

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw the episode on cable tonight. :applause: I thought it was very good, although I'm not an expert on cannon. Was it historically accurate?

Other than using a naval cannon as a field piece, it seemed to be done pretty well.

Actually using gun tubes in other than the proscribe method is not that unusual.

The U.S. Cairos, sunk during the battle of Vicksburg carried seacoast artillery Army M-1845 42 PDR's mounted on modified naval carriages.

During the Second Anglo Boer war the Brits dismounted guns from Naval vessels and mounted them on local made carriages.

The Boers took an 8 inch siege mortar, dismounted it from the heavy cast iron base, built a wheeled wooden base for moving in the field with their mounted troops.

There are episodes on helicopters, artillery, machine guns and other stuff. Google the show by title for an episode guide. Some TV shows now let you watch episodes right on your computer screen.

I like watching it just to watch Ermey. Ol' Gunny actually seems to really enjoy himself doing these shows. He's like a kid in a candy shop!

Back