• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Interesting Powder measure feature

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Banjoman

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I call this a feature instead of a problem. I made a horn a while back that I really like. I made a measure from the tip and it turned out fine too. Right shape, right size, almost perfect except for one thing. It’s black. I noticed the last few times using it in the shade that it’s really hard to see the powder coming up in the measure because everything is dark. Overfilled a couple times because of this. I had to make sure I filled the measure while facing the sun. I don’t have this ‘problem’ when using measures made of lighter colored things like antler or bone.

This really isn’t a problem and I debated whether it was worth posting but figured I would just for the sake of discussion. I don’t have any plans to change it because it works so well otherwise.
A7BB6F83-11CC-405D-B261-0F80C05C14D8.jpeg
B0823F8A-228F-44FB-854A-AEF5EA9D1235.jpeg

Latest posts

Back