• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

INTO THE WEST

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoyed it. Beats watching reruns of law and Order!
Of course, I enjoy anything with muzzle loading guns in it.

It was entertaining. The production quality was well done and the actors did their job well. The history involved was a little shaky. It looks as if they combined Jed Smith's Mohave and Willamette fights into one and completely left out the trek across the desert from the west and almost starving to death in the Klamath River country.

Oh well... At least they didn't have him marrying the chief's daughter and living happily ever after.

The native american stuff seemed a little PC to me. Nothing was mentioned about intertribal warfare, captive slavery. Like too many recent movies it is pictured as a idilic Rousou (sp?) existence with a little natural tragedy thrown in.

I'll watch the rest of it unless it gets too obnoxious.

I enjoyed it too. Wanted to be entertained so I didn't spend my time critiqing and was entertained.

I thought it was interesting. :imo: Sure, don't know how accurate it was, but unless you were actually there at the time...well, even history gets recorded by people with agendas. And it was nice to see people shootin' flintlocks!
:thumbsup:

it's always great to see something that is geared towards us. even if not totally period correct, it's just entertainment.
pieman

Looks like movie production has come along way from the way the used to make them. The scenes and costumes looked good (not perfect, but who cares if all tipi flaps were wide open at night?), the dialoge was shaky, but told us all we needed to know to get from one scene to another. I liked it, hope the rest as just as good if not better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back