• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Intro

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am in northland.I have a life long interest in working original muzzle loaders . I recently bought a Tony Hawkins 450.. going to onehunga next week thought we would have mini pilgrimage to his works which I believe was in captain springs Rd .any info welcome . Impressed by rifle :)
Northland NZ you mean . Well I worked for Tony Hawkins doing developement he paid me in barrels self Taught Engineer by the' El Muncho Gruncho School (No firm would take him on as an apprentice so he became his own )Brilliant man bit casual never seemed to take his boots off trail oil into the house I Fixed his leeky roof he didn't bother said it didnt rain much ! his workshop floor got all oily I pointed it out he said" Nhaa stops the concrete gong rusty" . He made all sorts of barrels His' Hawkins' was a low cost offering to "Get the jokers Shooting " I worked on the half stock meant for full Match or shotgun in any cal & pitch He made his $ making special valves Liked Ballroom Dancing & the Auckland library .Ide say he was a Genius & he read Dr Franklin Manns' The bullets flight ' book avidly .Doubt his son lives there No idea been years Thats something for you PM me if you seek more I made Full match 451s & Shotguns of 12 bore flint if mostly I sold barrels in UK .Rudyard

Back