• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Investarm Rifles

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've had some interesting discussions with people on the subject of rifles built/imported by Investarm. Most recently, it concerned the Lyman Deerstalker rifles. In the attached photos are three "basically " identical rifles. The top two are stamped LYMAN and DEERSTALKER. The bottom one, which is a little fancier, is stamped SILE NEW YORK. All have the Investarm logo and MADE IN ITALY. My position has been that these three rifkes, as well as the Lyman Great Plains Rifles are built with the exact same barrels. There are those who claim that a rifle stamped LYMAN (a brand name) are superior. What are the thoughts of the Hive Mind?
20241003_114133.jpg
20241003_114531.jpg
20241003_114513.jpg
20241003_114450.jpg

Investarms built a lot of rifles for various retailers. Lyman, cabelas for example. Minor variations but essentially the same rifles.

I would have to agree with you that the major components are the same. It would be cost prohibitive to make “special” barrels just for Lyman.

I wouldn’t doubt if you’re a big enough importer or distributor you could specify some minor things like the wood grade and finish or the amount of polishing done before bluing, not major component specification changes. So could one brand be superior to another? I suppose so but it would have to be just cosmetic.

I own the “Cabelas” percussion version that looks just like your bottom picture. The only difference is probably the name stamped on the barrel.

Latest posts

Back