• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Invite To The Shop

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:cursing: why couldn't I have seen this post sooner. I possibly could have turned that guide, that I have ordered, or at least watched you do it. :grin:

On a side note I noticed on another board, about you looking for old car tags to mount in your shop. Well it just so happens, that I have a few, and I will try to get them up to you Monday or so.

Best regards,

Scott Baker

Scottie, lad. You could have turned it yourself WHILE I watched. Theres something about work that I love......watching other people do it! :haha: Your blank looks pretty dern good. It will go out by midweek. I'm down in Silver Dollar City checking out the forge work. Bookie
P.S., I only need one tag from your fine state!

Bookie, by the time, that I write this I had already boxed up those tags. Three in number. I guess you can make those thimbles or patch that moonsh... er I mean mouthwash distiller, that I hear so much about out of the other two.

Scott Baker

Now you take that mouth worsh I have out behind the blacksmith shop......it is PC mouth worsh, to boot! :bull: Many thanks. Bookie

Jim Sichlau, a Brother, and college professor from Rochester, Illinois stayed a few days at Toade Hall and shares these photos of his labors with you. He got in on some barrel drilling, iron furniture making out at he forge, rifling bench techniques and plain ol' regular shop work in general. Cheers, Bookie
JimCranks1.jpg

JimAndParts.jpg

JimAndRifler.jpg

:bow: I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy. :bow:

Ever thought of making and $elling an instructional video(s)

(Hey-I used to live down in Radcliff) I did make a video of rifling by hand in 1991-2. No one was interested. Sold a grand total of 9 copies at $15 each. All the remainder were donated to clubs for prizes to clean up my shop. Bummer. I just write books now or put stuff on my website. Cheers, Bookie

Back