• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Iron Sights for T/C PA Hunter .50

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkisel

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

About 2 weeks ago I bought a T/C Pennsylavania Hunter .50 cal. rifle at a local Gun & Knife Show. The gun came with fiber optic sights. The adjustable rear sight has T/C marked on it. I would like more traditional sights on the gun but don't know if iron sights are available for this gun that I understand is now out of production. BTW, the front fiber optic sight looks like it uses a standard size dovetail.

So ... where can I get iron sights that would fit this gun.

Thanks ...

Go back to the index page, and at the top, under member resources, you will find the word, " Links". If you click on that word, you will find a list of suppliers and their email addresses, or websites. Any of the suppliers can supply you with replacement sights for your rifle.

Bill K said:
Hi Guys,

About 2 weeks ago I bought a T/C Pennsylavania Hunter .50 cal. rifle at a local Gun & Knife Show. The gun came with fiber optic sights. The adjustable rear sight has T/C marked on it. I would like more traditional sights on the gun but don't know if iron sights are available for this gun that I understand is now out of production. BTW, the front fiber optic sight looks like it uses a standard size dovetail.

So ... where can I get iron sights that would fit this gun.

Thanks ...
If it was me, I'd pick up the phone and go to the source...talk to TC customer service.

I did initailly call T/C Customer Service but got a message saying how busy they were and, if I remember correctly, to go to their web site and email or call again later or whatever. None the less I took the advice and tried calling again. This time I got to speak to someone. I was told that my particular gun would need to be drilled and tapped to get an iron rear sight to mount (front sight uses a standard dovetail). I mentioned that would be to much of a hassel and that I would just keep the fiber optic sights. The women speaking to me offerred another thing I could do; that being to replace the fiber with 3 white shafted beads that she could/would send me. The shaft on the beads are designed to snap into the holes left by removing the fiber. I decided to go that route - at least for now.

BTW, thanks for direction to those links. I'm guessing I'll eventually be using them.

Regards ...

Latest posts

Back