• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Is CVA Grease Patch made from Petroleum?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leatherbark said:
Thats the reason the dirty stuff is still around

Yup. I got a couple tubes years ago for $.50 per tube. Once I opened it and saw it was white grease it never touched my muzzleloaders barrels. I use it as anti-seize on my nipple threads only.

HD

You're going to have to buy 5 water pumps to use that stuff up and still have enough leftover for nipple grease. :grin: ,mac.

i use it on my nipples. Never used it as a patch lube but its an interesting thought. I use rem oil with teflon for bore protection.

Leatherbark said:
I always wondered and have found some on the net.

Where were you able to find some, if you don't mind me asking? I've been looking for it for quite some time.

Forrest said:
Leatherbark said:
I always wondered and have found some on the net.

Where were you able to find some, if you don't mind me asking? I've been looking for it for quite some time.

Just grab a tub of white grease at the auto parts store. Same thing.

HD

Back