• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Is there a capper for Remingtons?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glw

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Most cappers I've seen work state that they work on Colt style revolvers.

Is there one on the market that will work on Remington style revolvers?

Yes it has to be long and thin. This one is made my Ted Cash. It will fit the #10 caps I use on my Remington New Army.

IMAG0190_1-1.jpg

Shown in the picture above is a Ted Cash Universal Straight Line Capper.

Originally made for #11 caps, the latest ones feed Remington #10s just as easily. Each one holds about 20 caps, it's nice to have 5 or so on hand before using your fingers.

You can buy direct and get the latest or from vendors saving about a buck or two and you may get one of the older ones.

I have the same capper and it works very well feeding #11 caps onto Treso nipples on both a '58 Rem .44 and a '58 Rem .36.

This Hawken Shop straight-line capper feeds #11 caps onto a Lyman Remington '58 without hassle.

Spence

Thanks all - I actually bought one and it works just fine.

Now the trick will be to find #10 caps.

Now the trick will be to find #10 caps

:rotf:

Good luck! If ya find any let us all know. I looked for 4 months and finally scored a 1000 from cabelas. If it says "limited availability" order it and when they call or e-mail to say out of stock ask to leave the order pending inventory....worked for me! Then yer on the first of the list when they finally come in! My be better idea to change out nipples to # 11?

Yes you are correct; I should probably switch out the nipples for #11 size. For some reason, I never remember to do that.

Guess I should just do it now...

I have a capper like that one, and the Lyman version of the Remington 1858, unmodified. I can't use that capper.

Spence

I have all those cappers and found them marginal. What I did was to have the fence around the nipples opened up so they look like the original pistols. I don’t know why the reproductions have the fence so small, must be a lawyer issue. I had the all 12 of my New Model Army cylinders opened up by a gunsmith for $80. I had done a couple cylinders myself, but he did a much better job. Now I can use the big Ted Cash capper that holds 100 caps.

Just one more reason I love my M.1860's! :wink: In truth, I never carried a capper much. Just reloaded, Colt or Remington, drug out the cap can and shoved them on with a thumb nail...old school I guess. Schlepping stuff around cut into my attempts to set the woods on fire and scare off every living creature for six counties 'round! :youcrazy: :haha:

Back