• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Is there a model offered in 5 and 6 shot capacities?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I may be confused or misunderstanding. I recently saw different references to .36 cal 1860, 61 and 62's referred to as "5 shot model". What I would really like is a smaller, lighter revolver than the 6-shot. Especially is someone "Ace'd" it or made a snubby. So are there 5-shot .36 or .44 models that I should be looking for? Thanks

I may be confused or misunderstanding. I recently saw different references to .36 cal 1860, 61 and 62's referred to as "5 shot model". What I would really like is a smaller, lighter revolver than the 6-shot. Especially is someone "Ace'd" it or made a snubby. So are there 5-shot .36 or .44 models that I should be looking for? Thanks

1860's are 6 shot .44 cal.
'51's and '61's are 6 shot .36 cal

The "pocket pistols" are built on a smaller frame and in 2 different sizes. The '62's can be 5 or 6 shot in .36 cal. The smaller frame is what the .31 cal guns are built on.
I think this right but I'm not even sure of all the "pocket" sizes.

Mike

45D is correct. I have an ASM made 1862 Pocket Police that is quite nice, and accurate enough that I put a blade front sight on it. Also have an Uberti 1849, and a quick look the frames do look the same. My original 1849 is on display, but checked before and the Uberti frame is pretty close to the same.

The 1848-1849s and the 1862s all have the same frame just the 36s have rebated cylinders for the bigger cal. 1849s were 31 cal and made with 5 and 6 shot cylinders. All pocket Police and Navies were only 5 shot 36 cal. NOTE: This does Not include what Pietta sells as an 1862 pocket. Theirs is the same frame as an 1851-1861.
I have seven Uberti and Colts in the pocket size.

But once you get a '49 shooting good then you need a rifle that uses the same size round ball.
It's a vicious cycle and it never stops.

Back