• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

It’s coming!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BTW, has any one seen THE WOLLY CATAPILLAR yet? because as we all know that he knows he has to get a move on be fore it get's to chilly for him. and he has been a note that fall is here.

When we was kids Dad told you could tell how bad the winter would be by how fuzzy those “wooly worms” were. Especially if they were all black, THEN you knew it was going to be arctic like conditions.

When we was kids Dad told you could tell how bad the winter would be by how fuzzy those “wooly worms” were. Especially if they were all black, THEN you knew it was going to be arctic like conditions.
yes! I am glad that some one also knew what I was talking about. and yes the larger that the black stripe the harder winter that we were going to have! and as kids we would pick them up and they would curl up into a ball, and would not hurt you. thanks for the memories!!

Since I trap "fur snakes" to make extra money, a cold winter works for me. Down in the deep South all the snakes are nekked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried living in the south west, Las Vegas, for 4 years. Too damn hot for me, love the snow and cold. Now I live in the Pocono Mts. in PA love it. My property backs up to state game lands, and I have a 50 yard range in my back yard. A little bit of heaven!

Finally had some clear sunshine today in CA...past few weeks have looked like a nuclear winter, and the leaves started turning color as they were probably just confused over the lack of sunshine.

Tried living in the south west, Las Vegas, for 4 years. Too damn hot for me, love the snow and cold. Now I live in the Pocono Mts. in PA love it. My property backs up to state game lands, and I have a 50 yard range in my back yard. A little bit of heaven!

I live in Vegas now and have a friend who lived in PA and he said it’s beautiful. Also a ton of black powder culture in PA. It feels as if I’m the only guy here in Lost Wages that shoots the black powders. Been searching for a black powder buddy for a long time now. :(

I live in Vegas now and have a friend who lived in PA and he said it’s beautiful. Also a ton of black powder culture in PA. It feels as if I’m the only guy here in Lost Wages that shoots the black powders. Been searching for a black powder buddy for a long time now. :(

Wish you were closer as well...the nearest NMLRA charter clubs to you are Barstow, CA or Ash Fork, AZ...both a 2-3 hr drive.

we in NEW ENGLAND would like to go to your nearest shooting clubs also. but we are 3000. miles away. give or take. I have to drive 25 miles to my club and I gripe about that.

Back