• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

It dont happen very often....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nath, those were two very nice shots at those distances and using No. 5. Is your Pedersoli choked?
I used to "shoot at them" when they surprised me while hunting quail along creek and river bottoms back on the West Coast. And they invariably surprised me with their sudden jump up out of nowhere and their scratchy little call. One hesitates to apply the word "adorable" to a migratory game bird, but these little fellas kinda are, don't you think?

Nath, those were two very nice shots at those distances and using No. 5. Is your Pedersoli choked?
I used to "shoot at them" when they surprised me while hunting quail along creek and river bottoms back on the West Coast. And they invariably surprised me with their sudden jump up out of nowhere and their scratchy little call. One hesitates to apply the word "adorable" to a migratory game bird, but these little fellas kinda are, don't you think?
Absolutely my friend. I admire them so much I wont go near them again this season. Them two is enough for me.
Yes, my old Pedersoli does have some choke but not much. Purely guessing probably something like skeet and improved cylinder.
The thing shoots where I'm looking even if I am looking in the wrong place most the time!

I haven't seen snipe since I hunted the swamps in Jersey back in the 60's. Nate I know that I won't make it to heaven when I die. I think that you have found heaven here on earth! Please keep the posts and pictures coming.:)

Yea though I walk through the valley of the snipe ,I shall fear no wing beat fore my dog and trusty double barrel is at my ready, thy bird takes flight what a wonderous site as I shoulder my trusty double, Set the lock at the full cock slowly squeeze the trigger, place the bead and take a lead and wait for the tumble, The dog is off nose to the grass and all a quiver, returns the bird and with out a word quietly awaits a bite of liver. Thanks are spoke in soft words for the feathered life that was just given. HAPPY HUNTING BRIT

Back