• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

it's a shooter

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nebraska steve

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I may not be able to split atoms with this rifle but it can certainly split fruit. I forgot my powder measure so i used the cover the ball method of measuring. I did not check for accuracy, did not want to spoil the fun and it was a little cool for fine concentration. It is accurate enough to hit a stump at 25 steps.

Photobucket is smarter than me. I give up, I was trying to post a picture of an exquisite rifle and some atomized fruit on a field of white snow.

Well that was not easy. Being able to post a photo kinda de-liared me. Thanks for the help.
davecrockettmelon_zps8e7bb7d2.jpg

I did not realize I had started a new thread. I am wallowing around like a blind hog on this site.
This is the Euroarms Kentuckian .36, I got a bargain on from the pawn shop because it had junk stuck in the barrel. I polished it up, refinished the wood and browned the steel. I am pretty pleased with the way it turned out. After shooting the melon I was all smiles.

Yup. Just like the first flintlock I ever owned except mine was a .44 caliber.

Your's sure put the whammy on that poor ol' watermelon. :grin:

Nice looking trophy, and rifle...I have a .45 same make and cap box. bought 1971 still shoots better'n me...Tom

That picture is gross. I'm going to notify the "People for the Ethical Treatment of Watermelons". :rotf:

That melon was past it's prime. I could tell it wasn't going to make through the winter, thin coated. I felt putting it down was the nicest thing I could have done for it. I'm sure the cows have already picked it clean.

Nice way to enjoy a winter's day.

Welcome to the evil watermelon slayers society.
Enjoy you new gun.

Latest posts

Back