• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

its starting to make sense!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlie45

32 Cal.
Reaction score
thanks to all of you its starting to make sense. i'am on my third muzzleloader. i thought my first two were just not any good. shooting was fun but accuracy was poor(crappy). but thanks to all the info i've gathered her i now am starting to improve and am having fun.
i managed to shoot a 1.5 inch group (bench) saterday, did a total of 12 shots and no problems or miss fires.
sunday did well again using 75 gr. fffg goex .530 rb and prelubed t/c patch. but i wanted to try my home made prelubed patches .018/.019 thick with the same ball. some difference. 7 inches higher but still centered. second shot almost touching the first. third pilot error 2in. right. 4th touching the first. i din't have a scale but close 1 1/8 with a .54 renagade i about XXXX,well you know.
what fun. so when i got home i ordered .018 lubed
patches from totw anothe jag and bp bore cleaner.
now i've got to wait for the mail man and saterday to try some more, finish sighting in and find some rabbits.
having a great time, thanks to youall! :thumbsup:

Speaking for all of us, Your welcome!
Just don't go forgetting about us here on this site.
After 33 years of shooting muzzleloaders, I still have a lot to learn.
I have learned this site has more information than 100 books. What's more, it will address each and any issue you want to know about.
Have fun! :peace: :thumbsup:

Speaking for all of us, Your welcome!
Just don't go forgetting about us here on this site.
After 33 years of shooting muzzleloaders, I still have a lot to learn.
I have learned this site has more information than 100 books. What's more, it will address each and any issue you want to know about.
Have fun! :peace: :thumbsup:
amen :agree: :master: :master: :blah:

:agree:
with zonie & brushbuster. the information anyone needs is here for the taking :imo:
snake-eyes :) :peace: :thumbsup: :)

thanks every one!
i 've been wondering why my poi was elevated to such an extent. my .015 patches appeared to be doing there job just fine (compared to good sample pics. here) a lettle dirty but no burns or cuts. i can tell you the home brew (100% cotton old flanel shirt) did look cleaner and was a tighter fit. it showed very clear rifling marks.
i can't help but question the seal with the .015's, all other things being equal. i made it a point to mesure, load and fire in the same way reach time.

what do you think? ::

Latest posts

Back