• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

ITX non-toxic round balls

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The NMLRA does no lobbying and the NRA would throw the frontstuffers under the train in a heartbeat to protect most any other aspect of gun ownership/usage.This would require a state to state effort from ML groups aimed at the state and national level representatives.A small voice in a large world of left wing pressures.

tg said:
The NMLRA does no lobbying and the NRA would throw the frontstuffers under the train in a heartbeat to protect most any other aspect of gun ownership/usage.This would require a state to state effort from ML groups aimed at the state and national level representatives.A small voice in a large world of left wing pressures.

that's not true, all we have to do is paint all our guns black, put flash suppressors on them, bayonet lugs and either red dot scopes or modern scopes on them and the NRA will bend over backwards for us! :barf:

Last time I remember the NRA getting involved with muzzleloaders, it was threatening to sue Colorado for not allowing the CVA electronic ignition muzzleloaders in their muzzleloader season.

Is it a big coincidence that CVA is one of the NRA's big advertisers and the electronic CVA inline was their rifle of the year? I've got my opinion, but I'll let you decide how much they give a hoot about muzzleloaders and traditional hunting ethics.

I been a life member of the NRA since the early 1970's, but it's been at least 10 years since I gave them another cent for any of their special campaigns.

I WOULD contribute heavily to any organization that actually represented traditional hunting values and traditional muzzleloading on national issues. And the NMLRA hasn't seen a cent of my money either. Same bed as the NRA in my book.

roundball said:
A national organization for muzzleloading would be an excellent vehicle to step up to the plate on issues like this but none exist that are dedicated to such things...and since we're only talking about a small niche hunting segment using lead round balls its not anything that's big enough for the NRA to bother with
Speaking from past experience, the reason I intentionally did not highlight any of the ML organizations by name was to avoid this discussion from slipping off its tracks, which I myself have done in the past.

It might be best if we stay away from any specific ML organization names when we speak of any of them and just refer to the need for such involvement on a national or state level in a generic sort of way. :hmm:

Add the cost of patches, caps and powder and you might as well hunt with a .50bmg. I'll wait for the ban then take my chances with real lead.

Don

Don said:
Add the cost of patches, caps and powder and you might as well hunt with a .50bmg. I'll wait for the ban then take my chances with real lead.

:grin: you have those same costs with lead balls

Back