• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I've been Schell shocked

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I pretty much get the same results you do. The shot is good for about 7 yards. With ball loads I've found the max is about 15 yards. After that, the ball starts veering side to side too much. I think that 7-10 yards are where these pistols were used. In these large caliber, smooth bore flint pistols I usually stay with 35-40 grains of FFG. 30-35 grains if using FFFG. I stay in the 7-10 yard range with ball loads. I've never really noticed much difference using FFG or FFFG in these pistols. These pistols are sure fun to shoot. Again, nice looking gun. Glad to hear she performs as good as she looks. :) By the way, nice looking knife too! Looks to be just the right size. Rick. :hatsoff:

Back