• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

James Bowie Knife?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is pretty cool. I'd like to meet him in person and listen to him tell those stories.

Very good presentation. I appreciate his honesty. He frequently said: "we don't really know". That sums up the legend of the Bowie knife. There are few subjects that have more 'experts' than the Bowie. As an Arkansan who has seen the James Black forge and have donated a fine example of a Bowie to the Historic Arkansas Museum I'm always interested in hearing of new theories surrounding the so-called 'first' Bowie. In this vid the story of the folder is a new one for me. True or not, it is a good story.

I enjoyed this a lot. History holds a lot of fun things we just don't know that much about. Bowies being a great one.

Attachments

• western bowie.jpg
    western bowie.jpg
    730.7 KB
Back