• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Japan made 1863?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m-g willy

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Anyone know about the quality of these 1863 Springfields made in Japan compared to the Euroarms or Armi-Sport guns?
--Willy

I would say that they are a better replica. The dimensions of the stock and other metal parts except the tang are very close to originals. I did remodel the rear tang screw hole to better conform to the original. The barrels are nice and do shoot fine. I would buy one of those before I bought a Euroarms. Euroarms are clubs and the stock dimensions are terrible. The barrels are much larger in diameter than the originals. It must be lawyers designing them for the Italians. They weigh at least a couple of pounds more than the orginals. :imo:

The Japanese rifles are good, and they seem to be very meticulous about getting them "right".

My Armi Sport 1861 is slim and trim.

Rat

anyone know of any good websites to get the japanese rifles from??

Latest posts

Back