• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Whatever Happened to PA/KY Rifle Collection?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Refresh my memory; there was a famous collector/researcher of PA/KY rifles up 'til about the 1960's, in Lancaster, PA. His family were antique dealers, and he had over 600 rifles in an old house in town. Did that all go to the Landis Valley Farm Museum, or something? Were the rifles scattered about the country? I can't recall the gent's name, but if you were lucky enough to visit the collection, and dared to shoulder a rifle before admiring it's artistic qualities, he's kick you out with anger. Thanks; there's fascinating history in the study of collecting itself. One can imagine at one time, antique dealers going into houses to buy furniture, and there'd be a rifle or two in a corner!

There was the Eagle Museum in that general area that had a large collection of long rifles but it closed sometime in the late 80s or early 90s and I have no idea what became of the collection.

Back