• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WITHDRAWN Jeremiah Johnson Bowie, Leather Sheath

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Selling this very impressive Jeremiah Johnson reproduction bowie modeled after the original knife at the Cody Museum. This is a large 12" hand-forged blade, 1/4" 1095 steel and a very sharp cutting edge. Aged stag handles with a very nice leather sheath. If you're looking for an impressive hand-forged bowie capable of any camp chore including splitting logs, this is it. The knife is large but very well balanced. Knife and sheath made by Tom Catlin ( the sheath work itself is exceptional). I've included a picture of the original knife at the Cody Museum. I've also included a pic of the knife next to a Colt 1861 for scale. Guys this is nice piece. I'm too old to hunt with this knife any more so am passing it on. $255 shipped. Please pm with any questions or comments.

co282swh.jpg

gDxKtygh.jpg

zWuYljeh.jpg

XJvFojMh.jpg

Q8SzMabh.jpg

PtSOQNth.jpg

This is the original;
WzZNcm5h.jpg

Last edited:
Jon, that is an excellent reproduction of an iconic original. I don't think I've seen a copy of that particular knife ever before. Your photos, as usual, are exemplary.

I'm sorry you didn't make your sale, but I appreciate the opportunity to see this fine piece of cutlery!

Notchy Bob

Selling this very impressive Jeremiah Johnson reproduction bowie modeled after the original knife at the Cody Museum. This is a large 12" hand-forged blade, 1/4" 1095 steel and a very sharp cutting edge. Aged stag handles with a very nice leather sheath. If you're looking for an impressive hand-forged bowie capable of any camp chore including splitting logs, this is it. The knife is large but very well balanced. Knife and sheath made by Tom Catlin ( the sheath work itself is exceptional). I've included a picture of the original knife at the Cody Museum. I've also included a pic of the knife next to a Colt 1861 for scale. Guys this is nice piece. I'm too old to hunt with this knife any more so am passing it on. $255 shipped. Please pm with any questions or comments.

co282swh.jpg

gDxKtygh.jpg

zWuYljeh.jpg

XJvFojMh.jpg

Q8SzMabh.jpg

PtSOQNth.jpg

This is the original;
WzZNcm5h.jpg
If purchased... does it include the once-a-week, coming-to-kill-yeah, Crow Indian vendetta like in the story?
icon_biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back