• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Jim's first black powder buck

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swinehart

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Wisconsin regular gun season and my son wanted to use my T/C Renagade instead of a center fire this year.
Third day of season he got his chance at this buck. Deer dropped in it's tracks

CopyofPB230004.jpg

I used the rifle last evening on the second day of muzzleloader season and collected a nice sized doe. Deer ran after the shot and I did not find any sign of a hit while tracking using a flashlight. Kept on the tracks and found the dead deer.
I used 90 grains of GOEX FFg and 240 grain T/C MAG SABOTS. First and only load I've ever used in this rifle. It shot perfect groups right from the start.

That's a very nice buck, congratulations to your son and to you. Gotta love them Renegades! :thumbsup:

High hits through the lungs will bleed internally. Any blood that comes out the entrance or exit wounds is usually absorbed by the deer's thick fur. Only rarely do you find blood evidence on brush it rubs against as it flees.

Congratulations on following TRACKS, and not just looking for blood. You obviously have bothered to learn to read and follow tracks to recover game. Not many do. :hatsoff: :hatsoff:

If you stay on this forum and take the time to read the threads you will find why most of us shoot PRBs, and not sabot bullets as the one you used. :thumbsup:

Good job to both of you! I agree with Paul, and I'm converting to prb's also.
Nice buck! Evidently you learned from past experiences to follow up even though there's no blood. :thumbsup:

Good buck, congratulations !
The T/C Hawken and Renegade have definitely taken their share over the decades...
:hatsoff:

And we're really fortunate to have the technology available that we do to share things like this...I don't know of anybody in the last 20 years who's killed a deer that hasn't taken photos and been able to share it and the stories that go with it...great stuff!

Grats! :hatsoff:
Got another BP convert to the fold. Hooked for life now. :thumbsup:

A great buck! :thumbsup:
I put my dog on the blood and she does a fantastic job!
Congrats.
Dusty :wink:

Back