• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

JP Henry Flintlock Trade Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I went to a local gun show last weekend. There was an unfired 54 caliber Flintlock Trade Rifle marked JP Henry. I got confused. At first, I thought it was a factory copy. I forgot that the original gun would have been JJ Henry. A quick internet search came up with Jim Searles' JP Gunstocks company out of Las Vegas, NV. I met Jim a couple of times at Rendezvous in Southern California. Nice guy who did great work. I've heard that he has since passed on.

The dealer was not familiar with muzzleloaders. He had it marked for $700. I picked it up for $650!

I'll post some photos as soon as I can.

Thanks!

Walt

Dude, you need to remove those Philip Screws from the butt plate! 😫

Nice rifle and great price! My JP gunstock McCoy is similar in the fact that there are no visible pins holding the barrel to the stock. Either he hid them very, very well or the barrel is held on through the ramrod pipes. If you know please do tell

Nice rifle and great price! My JP gunstock McCoy is similar in the fact that there are no visible pins holding the barrel to the stock. Either he hid them very, very well or the barrel is held on through the ramrod pipes. If you know please do tell

They are through the pipes just like Pedersoli.

Thanks!

Walt

Back