• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

IMPORTANT NEWS - WINTER CLOSING Maine Powder House

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

IMPORTANT​

Business Operations Update
You are receiving this email because you either opted in on the website or have purchased products from The Maine Powder House. If you wish to no longer receive newsletter emails, please unsubscribe below.
Good afternoon.

After much thought, I’ve made the challenging decision to announce that I will be temporarily closing for the winter. I will continue to process orders with available product through November. I will also continue to answer the phone, respond to emails and texts, and keep the website active for future updates on the business. I’m not closing for good, just taking the winter off to see what happens with the future of the black powder market supply.

Black Powder Supply Update

By far the most frequent question I’ve been asked the last couple of years is when is GOEX going to be available.

As everyone knows, it has been a very long couple of years waiting on the re-entry of GOEX sporting powder into the market, after the closing and sale back in 2021/2022. GOEX has had some success in getting sporting powder product into customers and dealers hands this past year, however these production runs were small leaving their inventory stock supplies empty while demand for the product remains strong.

Having spoken with GOEX about their production schedule for the coming months, bottom line, in my opinion, it will be highly unlikely we see GOEX sporting black powder in production and being shipped until early next spring/summer of 2025.

A lot of people have been patiently waiting for GOEX, and with the upcoming 250 year anniversaries of reenactment celebrations and battles happening in New England next year, this is going to put people in a bind who are waiting on GOEX availability. I would HIGHLY suggest to anyone dependent on obtaining black powder before spring and into early summer to get your powder now.

Check out my website to see what I have left, check out my competitors, but do yourself a favor and DO NOT WAIT until February or March to get powder. You may find it difficult and options limited if you wait.

Schuetzen and Swiss are available to get, you just need to find a dealer who is stocking up on those products. Schuetzen would be a very comparable product to the GOEX brand. For those who like GOEX Olde Enysforde, Swiss would be a comparable product.

I can still help the larger groups between now and November obtain black powder for their needs – for those groups please contact me as soon as possible to discuss your supply needs so I can give you some options. Unfortunately, I will not be able to help out those looking for small quantities or mixed cases of 5, 10 or 25 lbs orders. I will only be able to accommodate full 25 lbs cases.

In the meantime, I still have in stock GOEX 2F and Swiss 4f & Null B in limited supplies.
In addition, I also have the following products that are PICK UP ONLY (they are also listed online):
Swiss 1.5 (in bulk)
GOEX 2FA (grain size is 4.76-1.68, similar to Cannon grade)
Schuetzen 2f (1kg bottles)
WANO 7FA (grain size .42-.149, similar to 4FG grade)

Visit www.mainepowderhouse.com to see available inventory including product that is available for pick only.

I want to express my appreciation to everyone for your support of me and this business. This has been a very difficult decision to make, one that I have been contemplating every day for over a year. I will re-evaluate the future of The Maine Powder House in the spring of 2025. Thank you again and please feel free to reach out if you have any questions. I will keep the News Updates link on my website up to do with future decisions about the Maine Powder House.

Pauline
The Maine Powder House
207-415-2026​
The Maine Powder House
PO Box 2259, Lewiston, ME 04241-2259
website: www.mainepowderhouse.com ~ email: [email protected]

Back