• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

jug choking

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wright561

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I'm not sure that I know what jug choking is. I'm interested in getting my gun choked but not real familiar with the process. How much does it cost to get it done on average?

kyhunter said:
I'm not sure that I know what jug choking is. I'm interested in getting my gun choked but not real familiar with the process. How much does it cost to get it done on average?

Just had my GM .62cal Jug Choked "Full"...cost was UPS to the gunsmith, $60 for the lathe work, UPS return shipping...got about $90 in it and it's worth every penny to me.

Lowell Tennyson
209 E Lotte St.
Blue Grass IA. 52726
563 381 3711

Spent that much in range sessions trying to get a tight enough load for turkeys at 40yds out of a cylindere bore and wasn't satisfied...wish I'd just gone ahead and done[url] it...in[/url] fact, I sent an Email to GM suggesting they might consider making/selling some barrels already jug choked

Last edited by a moderator:
Back