• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Jukar Kentucky pistol, any value?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked up the same pistol from a NRA TC who was giving up on Muzzle loaders... I shoot Muzzle Loaders with Scouts and the Crew like shooting it. It's my only .45 Muzzle Loader.

Shoots high, so I need to work on the rear sight.

$50 is what I paid, as it was unfired.
:thumbsup:

I was at Ruth Chris steak house and a baked potatoe
was 5 bucks.
50.00 isn't bad for a fun start of an addiction. :thumbsup:
Nit Wit

At Ruth Chris Steak House, it's easy to spend well over $50 a person for a meal and the next day everything that was eaten has turned to....:hmm:

I'd say $50 for a gun that will give a lot of fun to the owner a lot longer than overnight is well worth the money. :)

If you are looking for a project you can do some fun things with them. I have seen one that was restocked with a nice piece of maple using the original barrel and lock that turned out to be not only an attractive pistol, but also an accurate one.

Alexander L. Johnson said:
If you are looking for a project you can do some fun things with them. I have seen one that was restocked with a nice piece of maple using the original barrel and lock that turned out to be not only an attractive pistol, but also an accurate one.
The barrels are better than the rest of the gun.

I agree with you, about the barrel. I picked up an early CVA, which I assume to be the same pistol. The rifling is deep and crisp. I must have the lucky one, with a nice, no creep trigger. Ugly, as it is, it shoots very well. It is a 50 cal. It's on my list of redo's. I think I paid about 50 dollars for it, at a pawn shop. I don't know what the mystery wood is.

Cva made no 50 cal pistols until around 1986. Before they were all 45. The very early 1970's models had very shallow rifling, barely scratches. About 1981 cva actually marketed their barrels for custom builds. Not many realized what good round ball barrels they were.

Thanks to everyone for the information. I might just have it worked over a bit and see what we can do. It shoots great.

Back