• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

June Postal Match Target

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
first day without rain now if I could see what I'm aiming at ? (sights) and eyes. anyway I shot the same target with 2 rifles (32 and 50) did better with the "Mares Leg" 50 cal .490 ball .015 patch 20 grns 3f goex scored 30. I shot the 32 custom barreled seneca first and did so poorly thats why I shot the 50 only scored 20View attachment 328761View attachment 328762
Rebel good shooting! I like that Buggy rifle, and I like Miner 49ers Snake Eyes pistola. I think next month I will try and shoot my Buggy Rifle and an old Hoppes Ethan Allen pistol.
first day without rain now if I could see what I'm aiming at ? (sights) and eyes. anyway I shot the same target with 2 rifles (32 and 50) did better with the "Mares Leg" 50 cal .490 ball .015 patch 20 grns 3f goex scored 30. I shot the 32 custom barreled seneca first and did so poorly thats why I shot the 50 only scored 20View attachment 328761

Rebel good shooting! I like that Buggy rifle, and I like Miner 49ers Snake Eyes pistola. I think next month I will try and shoot my Buggy Rifle and an old Hoppes Ethan Allen pistol.
italian hawken the "mares leg" isn't necessarily a buggy rifle I came up with the idea for a adjustable stock for my grandchildren then this spring i cut a CVA mtn rifle barrel in half to make a shorter lighter gun. the barrel justs proves that a sewer pipe can shoot good. this barrel came to me loaded and took months to unload. and just for giggles I tried to clean it up with steel wool on a jag it now will clover leaf at 25 yards (not with my 70 year old eyes) all the time and can shoot a match with out cleaning between shots, but still looks like a sewer pipe but it doesn't tear or cut the patches!

Finally got a break in the rain and wind. Misses are shooters fault. I’m gonna give him a stern talking-to.
IMG_4112.jpeg

Northwest trade gun
Smoothbore
Off hand
.600 round ball
.PT patch with maxi lube
.60 grains of 3F
My first target started off with a 10 and then went downhill after that.
So this is my 2nd one
Score 35
026.jpg

Back