• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Just a little forkhorn

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice little buck and very nice rifle too! :thumbsup:

I'm in the process of building a flintlock with a horsehead patchbox. Got it all put together and ready to begin carving but am putting it on hiatus until after deer season.

Saw your patchbox Bioprof and it was real close to my Welcome Mathewson box except for the sides being different. :thumbsup:

I use a .570 ball wrapped in a bear greased .024 patch, on top of 90 gr of 3F Graff in her buckbuster. :thumbsup:

My Father always said that the older the buck, the stiffer the horn. :haha: So those younger bucks should cook up easier than Grandpa whitetail.

Nice deer for sure.

Hi Swamp Rat,

you did again a fine job on these buck with a real nice looking rifle. Think the .58 bullet hitted the buck like a fright train. What charge of bp did you use?

Regards

Kirrmeister

Swamp Rat said:
The lil **** weighed 110 hog dressed which surprised me, I thought he was lighter.

I took a nice Doe over on the Island a month a go with it David, so I got figure out where to put two notches in my gun now. :hmm:
The notches thing just about gave me and Roy a heart attack. :haha: And yes we know you better than that. :thumbsup:

Swamp Rat said:
I took a nice Doe over on the Island a month a go with it David, so I got figure out where to put two notches in my gun now. :hmm:
:thumbsup: Congratulations Swampy! That's the best eatin' kind........ :hatsoff:
:grin: :grin: As for putting notches in that fine gun; that shouldn't be too difficult..............
NERifleProject122a.jpg

soggy said:
Swamp Rat said:
:thumbsup: Congratulations Swampy! That's the best eatin' kind........ :hatsoff:
:grin: :grin: As for putting notches in that fine gun; that shouldn't be too difficult..............
NERifleProject122a.jpg
:hmm: thats how I shaped it out... :rotf:

Roy said:
soggy said:
Swamp Rat said:
NERifleProject122a.jpg
:hmm: thats how I shaped it out... :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: ............. :surrender:

Nice shot Swampy. :thumbsup:

That's right where I hit mine, and he dropped like a sack a taters. I was expecting a follow up shot be be necessary, but not this time.

Back