• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Just Got A Barrel Back From Mr. Hoyt

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L T Grey

32 Cal
Reaction score
A while back I picked up one of the USA made CVA Mountain Rifle barrels for little to nothing. It was a right hand .45 flintlock barrel that had been abused badly. You could barely see the rifling. It was 15/16 diameter so there was room for it to be rebored. I stuck it in the shop and and forgot about it. Remebered it back in early spring and gave Bobby Hoyt a call to discuss a rebore. Off it went, and it came back home this past Friday. As usual he did a great job, reamed it to .54, rifled it and redrilled the breech. Since it will be used to build a left hand Leman flintlock I went ahead and amputated the plug just ahead of the old flash hole before I sent it Mr. Hoyt. That left the barrel a very usable 31.25 inches long. I started on the new project yesterday.

Back