• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Just got the Email I've been waiting for.....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roundball

Cannon
Reaction score
"Your new Virginia is being packed for shipment...please confirm your shipping address is still the same".

Should be here in plenty of time to dial it in for April/May turkey if I want to try it.

I need update! What you got coming now? I thought you had that gun already.

Wanted a small economical caliber for year round range shooting and had a Virginia built with a .45cal Rice barrel.
And, for a few more bucks had an identical interchangeable .28ga Rice barrel made with it.

IMO, the .28ga is an excellent small game smoothbore, plus, while 'rifles' can't be used here for turkey, I decided last year it would be interesting to learn to take one with a single projectile...would not surprise me if the settlers used rifles for them most of the time.

So a few calibers/gauges now give me a lot of flexibility and backup for all my shooting and hunting interests year round...wanted all this finalized before I retire this fall.

roundball said:
"Your new Virginia is being packed for shipment...please confirm your shipping address is still the same".

Should be here in plenty of time to dial it in for April/May turkey if I want to try it.

You realize that you're a baaaaaad influence, don't you? :grin:

I prefer to look at it as making a sacrifice...a major contribution to significantly advancing the state of muzzleloading...by selling off most of an 18 year accumulation of top notch / upgraded T/C Hawkens to fund all this, more individuals are probably making smoke
:grin:

BTW, when I placed the order for this July last year with a request to try and match the beautiful wood on last year's .62cal Virginia, Matt said he'd stored away a piece back then that he thought would be a very close match.

And just now on the phone, comparing it to a close up of a photo I'd sent him, Matt said he thinks the piece of wood he squirreled away last year might actually be the other half of the same 12' plank he cut the .62cal's stock out of.

Hope's to ship it Friday, worst case Monday, should have it next weekend

Happiness is a new flintlock! :thumbsup:

I think I have taken up where you left off on the TC collecting! :grin:

ebiggs said:
Happiness is a new flintlock! :thumbsup:

I think I have taken up where you left off on the TC collecting! :grin:
I've had the same thought and you seem to be doing a great job too...doggone T/C Hawkens are a fine muzzleloader...and folks need to keep hearing about them from knowledgeable people like yourself.

I've said before I really had no 'need' to get a long gun...just found myself at a threshold approaching retirement and decided what the heck, I want to experience a fullstock before I 'check out'.

Most of the Hawkens I accumulated over the years went on to other owners to fill up the coffee cans for the Virginas...and those other owners are out making good smoke with them so that's great...T/C finally got the locks right and if kept clean those Hawkens will last lifetimes

Torn between burning a day's vacation tomorrow to be at the house when the Virginia arrives VS. not wasting any V-days so I'll have more to cash in at the end of the year when I leave
:hmm:

I'd hang out at the house and wait. It would be bad to be driving home and pass some crackhead running down the street with your new iron. :rotf:

Yeah, plus the part of me that's still a 12 year old kid at Christmas wants to be there anyway !!
:)

The Virginia arrived this morning and I'm very disappointed...I won't be able to get off as many shots when I take it out hunting !!

Its so beautiful that when a deer or turkey sees it, they'll just lay down and surrender without having to fire a shot...LOL

Kudos to Matt Avance and Toni...another fantastic Virginia from TVM...I'll get some pics up when I get a chance...

Glad the new addition got there!

Sure seems like You and TVM have a good thing goin by stickin with their VA Pattern across the board for your huntin arms.

Nice, simple system where everything comes up and mounts the same across calibers! I like it!

IIRC this one may be out of the same 12' piece of lumber as the "Settler"?

Look forward to the pics...

Latest posts

Back