• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Just joined up!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello!I just joined up and want to resume shooting muzzle loaders and cap and ball pistols.Used to have a .50 caliber CVA Frontier rifle that was quite accurate as well as 1851Navy,1860Army and Remington cap and ball percussion revolvers .Sold them off over the years and I am thinking of re-accquireing them as well as a Thompson St Louis Hawken.I look forward to participating in this forum!

Hello!I just joined up and want to resume shooting muzzle loaders and cap and ball pistols.Used to have a .50 caliber CVA Frontier rifle that was quite accurate as well as 1851Navy,1860Army and Remington cap and ball percussion revolvers .Sold them off over the years and I am thinking of re-accquireing them as well as a Thompson St Louis Hawken.I look forward to participating in this forum!
Howdy from North Texas and welcome to the forum.
Those CVA rifles were all very accurate. I had several, my first in 1989.
I gave one to my nephew, he loves it.

Howdy from North Texas and welcome to the forum.
Those CVA rifles were all very accurate. I had several, my first in 1989.
I gave one to my nephew, he loves it.
Yes and believe it or not I obtained the CVA rifle from the JC Penny catalog in the mid 1980s!

Back