• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Kentucky 45 Cal. Rifle Kit $325 Plus shipping from 48316

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Kentucky 45 Cal. Rifle Kit $325 Plus shipping from 48316
In box with no maker identification
Stock has some staining and needs finishing
Only parts in pictures are included
Looks to be complete
Possibly a few extra parts
Overall length aaprox. 51"
Barrel approx. 35.75"
Barrel marked Black powder only with no other identifying markings
Exterior of barrel needs cleaning from storage
Barrel drum has some surface rust and clean out screw is rusty
Kit has been started
See pictures for description

IMGP6747a.jpg
IMGP6786.JPG
IMGP6787.JPG
IMGP6749.JPG
IMGP6780.JPG
IMGP6754.JPG
IMGP6755.JPG
IMGP6774.JPG
IMGP6783.JPG
IMGP6766.JPG

Last edited:
I can't find it in my old catalogs, but suspect it was made by Euroarms Brescia Italy. I have an early pistol with the box, and the
box wood grain is the same. There would have been a sticker on the end of the box.

There are dovetails in the bottom of barrel but I do not see any lugs.Then there are 4 brass pieces that appear would be used for barrel wedge escutcheon plates. Then I see 3 pins. can you tell from what is there how the barrel will be fastened to the stock/ Thanks Reds

It may be one of those old FIE rifles. Parts will be hard to find and the overall quality isn't that great. They took lots of shortcuts with these. If the price was lower it might be worth it just for the experience of putting it together.

This is just a S.W.A.G, but do a search for C.V.A. Pennsylvania long rifle. The lock definitely looks like a CVA/Traditions style and the "Roman nose" stock is a match. Usually the CVA barrels were marked as such so possible(?) a replacement barrel. The "button" style breechplug looks to be either very late cva or traditions. Good luck. And, as others have said....nice stock.

This is just a S.W.A.G, but do a search for C.V.A. Pennsylvania long rifle. The lock definitely looks like a CVA/Traditions style and the "Roman nose" stock is a match. Usually the CVA barrels were marked as such so possible(?) a replacement barrel. The "button" style breechplug looks to be either very late cva or traditions. Good luck. And, as others have said....nice stock.
The lock is a match as well.

Thanks for everyone’s input.
Unfortunately the kit did not come with assembly instructions but
the information I have researched indicates the barrel is secured with pins. I don’t know how that is accomplished.

Access either CVA's or Traditions web sight and do a search for their owners/assembly instructions. They should have a free pdf(?) Format file you can d/l. If you don't find one for the Pennsylvania, see if they have one for the "Colonial" rifle. The "basic" instructions are about the same. As memory serves, the only real difference should be that the colonial has a two piece stock. Also, those 3 small tab looking things go in the dovetails on the bottom of the barrel. Those are for the pins to hold the barrel in the stock. Good luck and have fun. Most important advice I can give is...TAKE YOUR TIME and leave the power tool locked up. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back