• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kentucky pistol squirrel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joshsimonswvu

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Today is the beginning of the last 3 day segment of the WV doe season. I had set a "bucket list" goal to harvest a deer with my traditions kentucky pistol, a 50 percussion. I worked up a load and practiced often finding my max range to be about the same as a bow hunt. Anyway, today is the last day I'm off so the end of deer season. I seen 2 does early in the morning off about 150 yards but a well tender spooked them before I could close the distance. I seen no other deer but a zillion squirrels. I seen one sitting on a wind thrown hickory about 30 yards on my walk off the hill. I slipped in another 10 yards or so and the squirrel hopped off the log. I was dejected but I crept closer to find him sitting on a flute near the base of that log. I was about 7 yards and I dropped down and rested the pistol on my knees, centered on his head, and squeezed. I figured I'd either hit him true or miss so to not ruin him for the pot. I aimed true and popped his head. Tickled to death and it was a confidence builder after missing a doe due to miss judging distance up hill. I took pics with my phone, I'll try to post some one day after I send them to my laptop. This BP stuff is addicting, may have to sell my .270. Thanks for allowing me to share my fun day.

Good going! Not your first quarry but a good hunt and made meat as well with your gun of choice. :hatsoff: Dan.

Sorry^ I'm trying to figure the photobucket app thing on my iPhone. Admin can you delete the above screw up. Apologies fellows. I give up. Haha

Never mind I figured how to delete. Working on a pic

Latest posts

Back