• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kibler .54 eater pig

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The heat let up a little this afternoon and the temptation to hit the woods with my Kibler .54 was just too much.
It is about a half a mile walk to the creek bottom from where I parked and even though it had cooled down to 93, I was still wondering what was wrong with me as I was soaked through my cloths.

I had not been in the stand an hour when I heard a group coming up out of the swamp. They were on a trail that passed by me 30 yards away.
I was tracking the first one as they fed past me but he would not give me an angle I was comfortable with. The second one was not so lucky. I was on him when he turned away from me just right. BOOM the 120 grains of FF blocked my view but before it had even cleared I could see the eater size boar had fell right where he was standing. In behind one shoulder, out in front of the other works every time.

I would like to think I will stay under the A/C until the heat breaks but you never know. I suppose I will never grow up enough to have any restraint.

Attachments

• IMG_0538.jpeg
    IMG_0538.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 8
So, how do those pigs taste? None around here to hunt and just wondering. It’s a lot of meat!
We a ton in Georgia have to shoot them around 80-100 pounders for eating. Anything bigger they are tough eating, but make ok sausage if you add pork fat to it. They aren't as fatty as domestic pigs. But these work great for my Samoan buddy who buries them in ground to cook.

Latest posts

Back