• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kibler Gap Question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What Freedom said is a good idea. I have done it on mine. File a bit ( very little) off the rear of the tang. Will prevent the wood behind it from chipping out.

Are you talking about the gap at the bottom of the bolster ? Beneath the touch hole?

Looks ok to me.

If you’re concerned about it, you can always put a thin coat of wax in the barrel bed, won’t hurt or help anything much.

I cut all of my gap closing shims out of the same wood as my stock and orientate the shim grain to be the same as the place being filled.

Well, not always from the same stock wood, on this pre-carve I didn't have any scrap wood from the stock so I usewhat I had on hand which was plain maple.

lock fix  7.JPG

Once the fix was done, I drew in the curl to match the original wood.

haines in the stand.JPG

Latest posts

Back