• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kibler woodsrunner

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtkerk

40 Cal
Reaction score
Did anyone have trigger issues with their woodsrunner? Mine seems a bit heavy and a bit too long of a pull than I’m used to having or wanting. I left message and am waiting for a response from Jim to see if I can remedy the problem.

Did anyone have trigger issues with their woodsrunner? Mine seems a bit heavy and a bit too long of a pull than I’m used to having or wanting. I left message and am waiting for a response from Jim to see if I can remedy the problem.
Be certain the sear arm tip is not contacting the bottom of the lock mortise or the hole first.

Mine was a little over five pounds. They were nice enough to say they would tune it.
I sent it back and they lost it. After 2 months they are sending me a replacement. If it is too heavy, I will send it to a gunsmith to be tuned
I have built 5 Kiblers this year and it was the only one I was not happy with.

Hmm can check but if it would be hitting that then wouldn’t think trigger would work at all.

Mine was a little over five pounds. They were nice enough to say they would tune it.
I sent it back and they lost it. After 2 months they are sending me a replacement. If it is too heavy, I will send it to a gunsmith to be tuned
I have built 5 Kiblers this year and it was the only one I was not happy with.
Lost in shipping or lost my Jim?

Mine started just a tad tight. After 25-30 shots it settled in perfectly and scares me every time it goes boom.
Tight ( not much play) is one thing but a different thing when pull is too long and too heavy.
UPDATE. I called Kibler’s office and they’re sending me a return label to send lock back for Jim to work on it. I put several other kits together and trigger was always spot on. You not only get top notch products but also top notch service! I’m anxious to see what he can do. I’m assuming he’ll work on the tumbler. Thanks for everyone’s comments. I appreciate them. Good shooting to all.

That's what I would have done. Working on the innards of a lock is definitely not my thing, especially when you shouldn't have to because it is new and I think it's always better to let the master fix it.

Back