• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kiblers?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a .45 SMR kit from Kibler 2 years ago. It was very easy to put together. All of the pin holes have smaller pilot holes predrilled in the stock. I had to drill and tap a couple of holes. I'm going to get his colonial kit sometime this fall.
Jason

I have assembled four KIblers. A careful guy with some shop skills and tools can do it. Follow along with Jim's videos and one can assemble a top quality rifle. Jim's prices are a bargain for what he delivers.

He can do it at these bargain prices because he uses electrons at ~$0.13 per Kwh instead of people, at much higher rates, and of lesser repeatable precision.

Easy is not a term I would use in building... Anything in building will be as easy or as hard as one makes it to be. Interesting though... I'm placing an order for one of his newer kits for a quick put together. I've meticulously been watching over his YouTube video's concerning his colonial kit and for my anal eye I'm impressed with what I've seen thus far. If this is your first go I'd recommend buying a good reference book to glance over and study then with a little knowledge of what you'll be tackling you can decide what will be best for you!

If I wanted to make pocket money I’d assemble and sell one every week when I retire. Of course after 20 I’d probably turn one on myself. I don’t like production work. It’s the design and fabrication phases of building long guns that appeal to me most.

Jim says the "kits" have enough wood on them to allow for decorative raised carving, and of course, engraving. He has yet to do one with a brass PB, but when he does, those will then be instantly identifiable as a Kibler kit gun. Besides, it's the decorative elements and artwork that distinguish a $20,000 gun from a $2000 one. My hunch is that most of those being made now are being made as "plain" guns, and that market will soon be saturated with them.

Keith Casteel fancied up a Kibler Colonial Kit. Looks great, but the architecture is the same. Keith is a master but his work looks more new school than I personally prefer. Still, his rendition shows what can be done with one of the Kibler kits.

I was tempted to getting a SMR in .40 even though I have one already. I went with a Colonial in .58 because I have a mania for early Virginias. The ONLY problem I can see with Jim's kits is the wait...

Nice!

I just bought a kit from Jim at the CLA show last weekend. I've been watching his videos, buying tools (like a spring vise), and I set up a workbench for the build.

What finish did you use on the stock?

What did you use on the furniture?

Back