• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

knifemakers - I got this old file

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But Wick, did you orient north when there was a full moon? That might make the difference! :grin:

Tsk,tsk, you should know it has to also be at midnight, and you only have a five minute window to do it. I have to be in bed by 9:00. One night I'll sneak out and give it a try, but I'll have to have an accomplice to watch for werewolves though.

Wick Ellerbe said:
Tsk,tsk, you should know it has to also be at midnight, and you only have a five minute window to do it. I have to be in bed by 9:00. One night I'll sneak out and give it a try, but I'll have to have an accomplice to watch for werewolves though.

Not only does it have to be done at midnight, it must be midnight on Friday the 13th during a full moon. :v :grin:

Let's not forget probably the most important part: throwing some meat on that hot charcoal! It goes a long way toward keeping others around you happy about this very worthwile hobby.

Wick Ellerbe said:
:nono: No dont do it.you cant afford to miss ANY beauty sleep :shake: :v
Im just worried you will scare the werewolves
:rotf: :v

J.D. said:
Wick Ellerbe said:

Not only does it have to be done at midnight, it must be midnight on Friday the 13th during a full moon. :v :grin:

Actually if I remember correctly the old way of quenching damacaus blades was : Heat to the color of the rising sun between the peaks of two mountains( I don't remember the names of the mountains) and then quench in the bowels of a wine unnuberd(spelling?) Nubian slave". So there fore midnight is out. Which since the human body is 90% water and contains a fair amount of salt it would be equivalant to a mild salt bath! It is said that the first blade would be of higher quality than the second blade so quenched. There fore the clasification of First and Seconds for quality. Of course all of this is from memory of an old man's reading many years ago and the mind isn't what it used to be. What was the question again? Oh yea, know I remember: Why did the sword smiths buy so many Nubian slaves?

Back