• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD - Pending funds Large Cal Flintlock Pistol Project

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For sale is my large caliber (???) flintlock pistol. It’s an older reproduction made in Germany but not sure who made it. I’m calling it a project because it needs a ramrod and a flint. Seems to function ok holding half and full cock. Screw that hold the frozen spring seems a little loose and might need some attention. Bore is a little dark but should clean up ok. This s a large pistol! Anyway, not asking much for it. Asking $80 + 20 shipping. (Relatively heavy).

Attachments

• IMG_7888.jpeg
    IMG_7888.jpeg
    3.2 MB
  • IMG_7889.jpeg
    IMG_7889.jpeg
    2.1 MB
  • IMG_7890.jpeg
    IMG_7890.jpeg
    3.5 MB
  • IMG_7891.jpeg
    IMG_7891.jpeg
    1.1 MB
  • IMG_7892.jpeg
    IMG_7892.jpeg
    2.4 MB
Last edited by a moderator:
That's a Hy-Hunter Buccaneer. I have two of them. I just shot them today. I used a .690 patched round over 50gr 2f. Pretty accurate at about 20 yards. Actually a .690 is too small. I used a .027 rag. I also used 30gr 2f, wasp nest, same amount #4 shot with wasp nest over that. I had to send my frizzens to get hardened. Otherwise fun guns.

Last edited:
Back