• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Last bird of the year.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PJC

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Here in Ontario our season runs from April 25 until May 31st.
Quite civilized I would say.
Anyway with only two days left I tagged out on a very fine bird.
20 pounds fighting weight after two months of strutting and breeding.
9 inch beard.
Monster spurs. One is 1 5/8 and the short one is 1 1/2.

As with my first bird 90gr of FFFG and 1.5 oz of #5 shot.
This one was 17 yards.
This is bird number 5 for the smoothbore Haines rifle.

Pat Cameron

SAM_0185-1.jpg

PJC..... Boy, oh boy. Look at the hooks on that old gobbler! :shocked2: A Limb-hanger if there ever was one.

Can you tell us about the hunt. If you might post another picture or two, it would help me get through the next 11 months (Countdown to Turkey Opener)! :doh:

I bet nobody could slap the smile off your face :slap: , huh?

Congratulations, Skychief.

PS: Is that a 62 caliber (20 gauge)?

Nice bird and congratulations.

I'm assuming the head of the bird didn't look too good since it didn't make the picture.

SAM_0185-1.jpg
[/quote]

Beautiful bird..Love the boom-stick!... :thumbsup: Nice shooting!

Nice gobbler, and I really like the looks of your smoothbore. That is a beautiful finish/color. What gauge/caliber is it?

The gun is an Issac Haines model built by John Bergmann in Tennessee. The barrel is a 38 inch Colerain Turkey Choke. I told him I wanted to try for an amber red color and he nailed it perfectly.
I got the inspiration to build this gun from an internet article by George. This photo shows the gun a little better. It is a different turkey shot two years ago. John Bergmann will build a gun that a working man can be proud of at a price that a working man can afford. I have been pleased with his work and his service.

PJC

May01turkey1.jpg

This turkey is differnet from the one above. It was also shot a couple of years ago. it shows a different angle on the gun.

019.jpg

Back