• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lead shot

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well I’m already for winter so I was wondering if any of you gents make your own lead shot with some type of home made shot maker not a boughten one .so I thought well the weather is cooperating and I have free time I might get a few tips or even a few pictures on how to go about making my own lead shot .Look forward to lots of tips tricks and pictures and thankyou in advance .Walt
Ps I’ve looked on you tube but would like converse with someone who’s actually done it themselves .

I’ve done it using a couple different methods, but the best I could come up with was some very inconsistent ‘swan shot’ which was about the size of some buckshot sizes and too big for small game here in Tennessee. I used methods found on YouTube videos by Ramshackle Homestead and Stillwater Woodcraft. I didn’t have any desire to learn a better method so I just order mine from Rotometals.

Latest posts

Back