• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Leather cleaner?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keppy

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I have a cow hide gun case that has a big stain on it. I don't know what the stain is, but it's a dark stain. Any sugestion on what to use? Thanks

what kind of finish if any does it have? Is it smooth grain or split grain(like suede)?

Its a smooth grain. It's about the size of a baseball located near the butt end of the case. Thanks for your input.

Sounds like an oil stain. Start with a small amount of white gas, then saddle soap the area. Not smoking while you use the white gas is a righteous idea.

Hey thanks I will try that. And by the way I quit that habit in 1988. ( smoking )

Well, white gas or some kind of solvent if it's an oil stain. Carbon tetrachloride stinks and is poisonous, kerosene stinks, but white gas (Coleman Fuel) evaporates and doesn't leave a smell. I'm sure there are other solvents. As with any solvent used on leather, you have to replace the oils you'd be stripping away, hence the saddle soap.

Latest posts

Back