• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

leather journal

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuckcolas

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Do any of you guys know how to make a period correct leather journal? I have tried but I don't seem to get it bound right. Any advice is appreciated.

Here's one I made a long time ago. I used newsprint, so the paper looks a little rough and is not shiny like modern stationary.

Journal-01.jpg

Journal-02.jpg

Journal-03.jpg

Journal-04.jpg

Journal-05.jpg

I like that Claude. Did you just sew the folded paper together first then sew it to the leather cover? That is what I would like mine to look like. Thanks for the pics. Chuck

Sawbones said:
I like that Claude. Did you just sew the folded paper together first then sew it to the leather cover?

The paper is stitched directly to the cover. If i remember correctly, I used an awl to make some pilot holes through the paper. I found that three "sections" of paper worked much better than one thick one.

Latest posts

Back