• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lee round ball mold

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry I´m not american but what exactly is pillow ticking?
Thanks, regards, Nicioli
It is a material primarily made for making pillows. Originally, the tight weave on it was to keep feathers from sticking through. It is still used, at least in the U.S., even though feathers are not the favored stuffing any longer. It is identified by muted stripes of blue and white. It, most commonly, measures about .015" in thickness. Other ticking, made for mattresses looks much the same but is thinner. The softness, tight weave and durability make it an excellent patch material for our passion of using patched roundballs. BTW, I'll betcha, wherever your are, there is a similar material under a different name available for you to try.

Hi, asking for help choosing the right round ball mold for my .45 cal TC Patriot Pistol to be used with a cloth patch.

I understand there are the .440 and the .445. Which one is the correct one ?

Thanks, regards, Nicioli

Don’t be afraid to try aa .433”.
That’s what I use in my rifle. I like thicker patches that hold more lube.

Back